Sunday, August 2, 2015

Ugly Love... A Review

So, I am an avid Instagram user. I love to post pictures of all my lovely books and look at other peoples pictures of books! I literally could look at pictures of books for hours. I've said the word books a lot already in this post, who cares!  Here lately I've seen the book Ugly Love popping up quite a lot, so I decided to jump on the band wagon and read the dang thing! It's been forever since I've stayed up all night reading a book, but that's exactly what I did after purchasing Ugly Love on my nook.

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover 
Amazon  | Barnes & Noble | Books A Million

When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly.

My Thoughts 
Rating- 3 Stars ***

I've got a lot of mixed feelings towards this novel. I liked it don't get me wrong, but after reading about how amazing Colleen Hoover books are I couldn't help but feel a bit let down for some reason. Miles Archer was a very complex character, with all of his brooding and mystery. I thought his character was very fleshed out and he had a good backstory. The only problem I had with Miles was they way his chapters were written.

I. 
Just.
Couldn't. 
Get. 
Into. 
This. 
And. 
Didn't.
See.
The.
Point.

See, it gets rather annoying. I'm guessing the author wrote his chapters like this for dramatic effect, but I really didn't think she needed too. That's my personal opinion. Now moving on to Tate. I really wanted to like Tate and for the most part I did. I just wish the author would have given her more of a spine and added more details to her character. She reminded me a lot of a paper doll. There was nothing that really made me connect to here character at all and when I read a novel I like to connect with the characters. As I am sure other readers do as well. 

This however was a steamy read if ya know what I mean! **wink wink** I loved the romantic/physical scenes in this novel. They weren't so raunchy that I cringed and tossed the book across the room, but sweet and well thought out. It didn't feel awkward to read them. 

All in all I did enjoy Ugly Love, I feel like the biggest reason I didn't enjoy this novel as much as I had hope was because of the writing style. So, I will probably give Colleen Hoover another chance in the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment