Sunday, April 5, 2015

Welcome To My Blog! It's Been Waiting For You!


Why hello there! Thanks for clicking into my blog or stumbling upon it by a complete accident. Regardless of how you got here, you're here and welcome! This is my first shot at a blog, so please bear with me! Well, that's not completely true. I've tried to blog before but it seems blogging and I have a love/hate relationship. But hey those are the most beautiful kinds of relationships right? Maybe not...

Any who I thought this first post could be a little get to know me type thing so here goes!

I've been on this earth for a whole twenty years. Wow, typing that out just made me feel really old! I'm a very introverted person who really doesn't talk all that much out loud unless it's something I am completely in love with, which luckily for me I fall in love with a lot of different things. My parents say that I have a very sarcastic and dark sense of humor. When I was two years old I was diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type II, resulting in me being confined to a wheel-chair for my life. The best way to describe what I have is to say this; it’s like being paralyzed with some upper torso, neck and arm movement. It’s challenging, but I don’t let my disability discourage me or stop me from going after my dreams or doing things I want to do. I might just have to do them a bit differently than others, but that’s okay!

Growing up in a wheel-chair forced me to find other hobbies and things to keep my mind occupied. I had to find things that I could do and still enjoy them. That’s how I fell in love with so many things movies, music, TV Shows (The Walking Dead & Pretty Little Liars Fan HERE). Most of all that’s how I fell in love with reading. Books have become a huge part of my life. In a book I can be the hero or I can be the evil villain. I’m nice, I swear! I can be the loner chick who doesn’t know how special she is or the girl that actually gets the guy! My taste in books vary from day to day, if I like it I'll read it!

Have you ever read a book and finished it in like two hours and sat there in a mind numbing trance reeling from the ending? The Fault in Our Stars anyone? It was a pleasure to have my heart broken by Augustus Waters. I've decided to take a crack at blogging again and dedicate this blog to all my bookish ramblings. I'll be posting reviews, hauls, discussions, taking recommendations and much more.  I'll be graduating from college here in about a month so until then I might not get to post as much as I would really like too, but have no fear I will be back! 

If you've read this entire post I would just like to give you a huge hug right now.


COMING SOON: My first review! Ten by Gretchen McNeil 

~ Girl at Home ~

No comments:

Post a Comment